Sunday, May 23, 2021

Growth

 This morning I really stepped out of my comfort zone with some help from my sister my mom. I have said before that I struggle in new situations so I will always try my best to avoid placing myself in one. However, yesterday, I decided to take a leap of faith and join a beginner/intermediate street jazz workshop. It may not seem like anything much but I have been dreaming of joining such masterclasses and workshops since the start of COVID 19. Because of COVID, many masterclasses and workshops became online, which meant that even though it is taught overseas, I can learn from the very comfort of my home. It also meant learning new styles and more exposure. But the BIG problem would be that I am learning from someone I don't know, with people I don't know, doing a style that I don't know. Sound familiar? Yea, so I waited a whole year to finally pluck up the courage to even think of joining. I asked my mom and she thought it was a good idea but said it was up to me. I asked my sis and she said to just do it. So I applied. 

Let me tell you that I do not regret it one bit. I woke up at 1.30am and enjoyed every bit of it. My dancer's heart was so full last night when I finally went to bed at 4am. I am also super grateful that even though I know that beginner/intermediate level is technically a bit too "easy" for me, it gave me the chance to enjoy myself and not worry. The teacher was so super sweet and the class was small enough for me not to feel conscious. And I really have to thank the Lord for that. Without Him watching over me and providing for my needs, I don't know if I would have survived this morning. So really, the Lord has enabled me to grow and at a pace He knows I can manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment