Thursday, May 13, 2021

Goodbye For Now...

 

Today my bunny, Marshie, passed away and I didn't know how to deal with it. She was 9 years and 7 months old, a ripe old age for a bunny, and she had been ill for the last 3 weeks so it shouldn't have been a surprise. But still, when my sister realized something was wrong I was offended and didn't want to believe her. I just pushed it away and said that Marshie was just being naughty as usual when taking her meds. But a few short minutes later she took her last breaths as my mother stroked her. I honestly didn't know what to do with myself or how to feel. I didn't want to look at her knowing that she was no longer there. Instead, I distracted myself with youtube and sewing. Inside I was sad but at the same time, didn't want to believe it. Because if I didn't see it, it wasn't real. I realized that I did the same thing when my grandfather passed away a few years back, I refused to see him in his casket and pretended that everything was just a dream. 

Sometimes, I don't know how I should feel or react, in this situation, especially because I know that they didn't have to suffer anymore and are in a better place. But at the same time, I still want to believe that it didn't happen. I haven't quite gotten the closure that I need but, goodbye for now Marshie. I will see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment