Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Into The Unknown

Most people's greatest fear is the dark or heights or insects or losing a loved one. For me, not so much. Maybe a little bit, but the thing I fear the most is the fear of the unknown... I struggle with loud noises, sudden sounds, new situations, being asked a question. Not because I cannot answer a question or cannot adapt at all, but I do not like the unknown. Loud and sudden noises give me the fright of my life, meeting new people too. 

With a new person, you do not know how they sound like, if they are going to have a different scent. You do not know how they will act, their background, if you can trust them, if they are talking to you cause they pity you, want to bully you or are genuinely nice. These are all unknown. So I have to go into the unknown and find out. But that process means questions and trusting before finding out. So, I rather just stay in my small little bubble where everything is known. 

But life does not work that way... Life requires us to be social and everything we do requires us to interact and discover new things. It takes a lot of courage on my part and a lot of patience of the other person for me to be able to form a bond. It is hard and honestly can be frustrating on both parties part. I do not like having so much anxiety and wished things were different but I am learning to work through this. I have learnt that I have no choice but to walk headfirst into the unknown and try my best to face my fears and fight my anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment